Updated on 1st March 2015 – New P6 Classes
- Powerpoints and notes emphasizing on Science Keywords
- Selection of more challenging questions from assessment books and exam papers.
- Classes to be held on mostly on weekends (both Saturday and Sunday), 4 different available timings – 10.30 to 12.30pm, 1.30-3.30pm, 4-6pm and 7-9pm (7-9pm currently only available on Saturday). This is because most P6 students would not be able to make it for tuition on weekdays once supplementary classes in school starts.
- Only 1 classes available on weekdays – Wednesday 7-9pm.
- Classes are divided into 2 types – A Class (most students are getting 60 – 70 marks and aiming to score an ‘A’ during PSLE. Only basic notes and concepts at the P6 level will be taught) and A*Class (most students are getting 75 -85 and aiming to get an “A*” during PSLE. Advance notes and concepts at the lower secondary level will be taught)
- If there is no available class at your preferred time slot, you may wish to start with 1-to-1 tuition first and pay the individual tuition rate ($60 per hour). Once another student joins the class, the rate would then be prorated according to the group tuition rate. Additional charges for that month due to the switch from 1-to-1 tuition to Group tuition would be brought forward to the following month. Alternatively, you may wish to put your child on the waiting list. The class will start when another student joins.
- Saturday 4-6 pm (2 more vacancies, A* Class)
- Saturday 7-9 pm (3 more vacancies available, A* Class)
- Sunday – 10.30 to 12.30pm (2 more vacancies, starting in 1st week of February, A Class)
- Sunday – 1.30pm to 3.30pm (1 boy started with individual tuition, will be switched to group tuition when more students join. Looking for students getting between 70 – 80 marks.)
Class(es) on waiting list:
- Currently Nil
If your child cannot make it for the above classes, please let me know your preferred timings so that I can arrange to form a new class with other students.
Other available classes with no student:
- Saturday – 10.30 to 12.30pm
- Saturday – 1.30 – 3.30pm
- Sunday – 4 to 6pm
Minimum of 2 students to start a class. The maximum number of students is 6. My classroom can seat 8 students and the 2 extra seats are reserved for current students who may need to switch classes once in a while.
If you wish to start the lesson immediately but there is no available class at that timing , you can opt for 1-to-1 tuition first and pay the individual rate ($60 per hour ). Once another student joins the class, the rate would then be adjusted to the group tuition rate. Additional charges for that month due to the change from 1-to-1 tuition to Group tuition would be brought forward to the following month.
P6 lesson would then continue until around 20th December and stopped for 1-2 weeks as most family would be going for overseas trips.
Sequence of P6 Topics taught:
1. Photosynthesis and Respiration (Finished)
2. Forms and Sources of Energy (Finished)
3. Forces (Finished）
4. Living Together and Environment (ongoing)
6. Man’s Impact on the Environment
7. Revision on other P3 – P5 topics depending on the weakness of the class.